Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Haaayyy! A little "Shout out!" to mothers everywhere! Thanks for all you do; your self-sacrifice and dedication to your families.

It is so interesting, as we think of our mothers; the absolute influence they have on our lives. They serve as our first role models, our first love, the first person we become life dependant upon, confidants and the source where we seek all wisdom and knowledge. And yet, in all their competence they're still just as human and flawed as the rest of us. Where does all this come from? The answers are way beyond me and my knowledge or this simple blog.

I am also not so naive to believe that my experiences and sentiments towards my mother and the mother of our children are shared by everyone. Although, I for reasons I cannot explain , have been blessed to have been raised by a mother and to have raised along side with a mother that has provided such long lasting legacy's. Not for themselves, nor for their own namesake, but for the inherent "Love" that was shown them. The self-sacrifice that was exemplified before their own childhood. The wisdom and knowledge that they sought out from their own mothers, and so, the legacy continues.

Moms, thanks for the love, thanks for the legacy. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment